Absolute Health & Wellness News
Essure may be right for you if you:
- Are certain you do not want any more children
- Want to stop worrying about unplanned pregnancy forever
- Want the most effective* permanent birth control available
- Want to stop managing your temporary birth control method
- Would like to stop taking hormone-based birth control
- Want to avoid surgery, scarring, silicone or risks of other permanent birth control procedures
- Are concerned about the risks of general anesthesia
- Want more spontaneity in your sexual relationship
- Want confirmation that you’re protected from unplanned pregnancy
Essure is just three simple steps
The Essure procedure is usually performed in less than ten minutes in your doctor’s office. Most women go home within 45 minutes and return to normal activities in less than a day. For the next three months, your body works with the Essure inserts to create a natural barrier against pregnancy. Once the barrier is confirmed through an Essure Confirmation Test, you’ll enjoy the confidence that comes from knowing you are protected from unplanned pregnancy.
1 THE PROCEDURE
An Essure-certified doctor places soft, flexible inserts into each of your fallopian tubes through the natural pathways of your vagina and cervix. There is no incision necessary. The tip of each insert remains visible, so your doctor can confirm that placement is accurate.
2 THE BARRIER
Over the next three months, your body works with the Essure inserts to form a natural barrier within your fallopian tubes that prevents sperm from reaching your eggs. Your ovaries will continue to release eggs, but they will be absorbed naturally into your body. You must continue to use another form of birth control during these three months.
3 THE CONFIRMATION
After three months you’ll take the Essure Confirmation Test to confirm you can no longer get pregnant. A special dye is introduced into your uterus, then viewed on an x-ray to confirm that the inserts are in place and your fallopian tubes are fully blocked. Once you receive verification from your doctor, you can start relying on Essure for permanent birth control.
The Essure insert
Three key features of the Essure insert help make it the most effective* permanent birth control available: the shape, the size and the material from which it’s made.